The Ascentra Credit Union Scholarship Competition offers a total of $10,000 in scholarships to assist members planning to further their education.
The scholarships are as follows:
- Five $1,000 scholarships are awarded to high school students planning to enter college
- Five $1,000 scholarships are awarded to non-traditional students age 19 or over planning to attend higher education
Entrants are required to write an essay of approximately 500 words in a topic that is made available every fall. The winners are selected the following spring.
Be sure to check back in the fall for the official form which includes the topic for the essay.
More Scholarship Opportunities
Don't stop now! There are many more scholarships available for you or someone you may know. Here are some to get you started:
- Greater QC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce & LULAC #5285: Paul Lensmeyer Future Leaders Scholarship
- Iowa Credit Union Foundation: Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship
- Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship
- Quad Cities Community Foundation: Various Scholarship Opportunities
- Iowa Student Loan: Various Scholarship Opportunities
- Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine: High School and Community College Scholarships