Planning To Go To College?
As your BFF (best financial friend), Ascentra offers supplemental private student loans through an exclusive partnership with Aspire Servicing Center.
Combined with traditional student loans, financial aid, and scholarships, we help our members get financial assistance for the increasing costs of higher education.
Accepting a private loan before utilizing other types of aid available may decrease your eligibility for federal, state, and institutional aid. It's important that you apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (known as FAFSA), before applying for the Ascentra Credit Union Private Student Loan Program.
After completing your FAFSA, if you or your co-signer meet the underwriting criteria you can choose from these Private Student Options:
- Interest-Only Payment - Requires interest-only payments while you're enrolled to help reduce the total amount you must repay.
- Deferred Payment - Allows you to defer payments while you're in school.
More details and underwriting criteria can be found at the Aspire Servicing Center page. There you may also:
If you are not an Ascentra Credit Union Member, become one in order to qualify for this loan.
General Guidelines for Ascentra Credit Union Private Student Loan Program
All Applicants Must:
- Become a member of Ascentra Credit Union.
- Be the age of majority in your state of residence at the time of application.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government education loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college or university or nonprofit school of nursing.
- Be accepted, enrolled, or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible education program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Cosigner(s) must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. and must reside in the U.S. Military addresses are considered U.S. addresses if designated as an APO or FPO.
Ascentra Mobile App
Today’s world requires being able to manage your accounts on the go. Ascentra’s mobile app gives you that and more by providing a simple way to apply for a loan or credit card from wherever you are, whenever you need to.
No hidden fees. No surprises. No hassle. With the Ascentra Credit Card, what you see is what you get, which includes no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, AND low rates. We call that a win!
ScholarshipsCollege is expensive. Don't pass up the opportunity to earn free money through our Scholarship Program! Every year we give away $10,000 in scholarships to assist members planning to further their education. Don't wait to apply, one of the winners could be you!
Fixed Rate Mortgage10 & Done (10 Year Fixed)2.875View Mortgage Loans%
Vehicle LoansNew & Used Auto as Low as2.90View Vehicle Loans% APR
SavingsBase Share Savings Starting at0.05View Savings Accounts% APY
Credit CardsNo Balance Transfer Fee. 6-Mo. Intro Balance Transfer2.99View Credit Cards% APR
Ascentra Cares May 28, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Foundation Awards $21,000 in Grants to Area Charities and Organizations
Making Cents May 19, 2020
Fraud Against State Unemployment Insurance Programs
Making Cents May 8, 2020
Auto Loans: How You Can Do Better Than 0%
Making Cents May 6, 2020
Coping Financially During Tough Times
News May 5, 2020
Ascentra Response Efforts to Challenging Times
News Apr 22, 2020
Show Us The Helpers!
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: What to Expect
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: 6 Spending Tips
Making Cents Apr 8, 2020
Details About the Congressional Stimulus Package
Ascentra Cares Apr 7, 2020
Thanking Local Healthcare Heros
Making Cents Apr 6, 2020
A Retirement Fact Sheet: Some Specifics about the "Second Act"
Ascentra Cares Apr 2, 2020
Taking Care of Business During a Pandemic
Making Cents Mar 25, 2020
Figuring Out Tax Withholding
News Mar 24, 2020
Phishing Scam Advisory
News Mar 13, 2020
A Message to Our Members About COVID-19
News Mar 9, 2020
Pleasant Valley Students Celebrate Booker Bear 2020
Ascentra Cares Mar 2, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Foundation Presents $50,000 Grant to Girl Scouts
News Mar 2, 2020
Same Ascentra.org. Whole new experience
Ascentra Cares Feb 27, 2020
The Credit Union Difference: Reaching Out to Those In Need