Saving Made Easy
Whether you like to pool all your savings in one account, or have separate accounts to reach specific financial goals, we’ve got exactly what you need. Set up automatic transfers or deposits and make saving automatic and easy peasy!
Savings Account Comparison
Club Savings AccountSave for holiday shopping or your next vacation and earn interest on the balance. Your funds are available to withdraw any time you choose.
All Purpose Savings AccountEssentially an All Purpose Savings Account is a second savings account. For those of us who like to have different piles of moolah, this is a great option if you have something unique you're saving for, like your own barista coffee machine – yum!
Membership Share Savings AccountWhat’s a Membership Share Savings Account? We thought you might ask - basically it’s credit union lingo for a regular savings account.
The Ascentra ATM Card is available for members with only a savings account or to those who are just starting to build their credit. It gives you easy access to cash and transactions at ATMs.
- No annual fee
- No charge for transactions conducted at ATMs owned by Ascentra Credit Union
- 5 FREE ATM transactions/inquiries per month at ATMs not owned by the credit union. If you exceed 5 ATM transactions/inquiries per month at ATMs not owned by the credit union, the charge is $1.00 each
Health Savings Account
A health savings account (HSA) combines high deductible health insurance with a tax-favored savings account. Money in the savings account can help pay qualified medical expenses and earn interest towards future medical expenses.
- Health insurance can cost less
- Savings help to pay qualified medical expenses
- Tax-deductible deposits
- Tax-free growth and medical expenses
To open an HSA:
Stop into any one of our conveniently located branches. We'd love to see you!
First-Time Homebuyer's Savings Account
Iowans looking to save for a first-time home purchase in the state can now use a first-time homebuyer savings account (FTHSA) to save for their first home instead of a regular savings account. A benefit of this is that interest earned from the account is not taxable on Iowa tax returns AND it pays a higher dividend rate.
Requirements and rules:
- The contributions are required to be in the account for 90 days prior to being used
- Money remaining in the account more than 10 years after the account was opened is considered withdrawn, and the account can no longer be a first-time homebuyer savings account after that time
- A penalty may be incurred if money is withdrawn for a non-qualified reason
- For complete requirements, rules, and forms visit the Iowa Department of Revenue website
- Call us at 563-355-0152 OR
- Stop into any of our conveniently located branches. We would love to see you!
Account Type Dividend Rate Annual Percentage Yield Membership Share Savings** 0.05% 0.05% APY All Purpose Savings* 0.05% 0.05% APY Club Savings* 0.05% 0.05% APY Escrow Account* 0.05% 0.05% APY Individual Retirement Saver Account
(Traditional and Roth)**
0.30% 0.30% APY Health Savings Account** 0.30% 0.30% APY First-Time Homebuyer Savings Account 0.30% 0.30% APY
* Average daily balances of $1 or more
** Average daily balances of $100 or more
Rates subject to change.
Planting the seeds of growth for your future is easier with the Investor's Choice Account. Let us help you harvest better yields with this tiered rate investment account offering an excellent rate of return while earning monthly dividends on balances of $10,000 or higher. Cha-Ching!
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Unlimited deposits
- A high rate of return on your investment without locking into a fixed term
- Up to 6 withdrawals or transfers are allowed per month
Create your umbrella of savings by opening a Money Market Account and save for a rainy day. This account pays dividends based on the balance in the account; the higher the balance the higher the dividend rate. Double Cha-Ching!
- Free - with no fees
- Unlimited transactions - unlike most Money Market accounts
- Open a Money Market account with a minimum of $1,000
- Monthly dividends are earned when the average daily balance is $1,000 or more
Average Daily Balance Dividend Rate Annual Percentage Yield $100,000+ 0.45% 0.45% APY $75,000-$99,999.99 0.35% 0.35% APY $50,000-$74,999.99 0.30% 0.30% APY $25,000-$49,999.99 0.25% 0.25% APY $10,000-$24,999.99 0.20% 0.20% APYMoney Market Average Daily Balance Dividend Rate Annual Percentage Yield $100,000+ 0.35% 0.35% APY $75,000-$99,999.99 0.30% 0.30% APY $50,000-$74,999.99 0.25% 0.25% APY $25,000-$49,999.99 0.20% 0.20% APY $10,000-$24,999.99 0.15% 0.15% APY $1,000-$9,999.99 0.10% 0.10% APY
Whether you’re looking for a rewards program, no service charges, or overdraft protection, we have a checking account that fits your needs.
Ascentra Anywhere allows you to do all your banking with the click of a button or tap of your finger. This includes our Mobile App, Pay Bills, Financial Tools, Digital Wallets, and Mobile Payments. It’s banking made easy, anywhere!
We know there are hundreds of cards with thousands of reward options to choose from. At Ascentra, we take rewards to the next level with the ONLY program that combines rewards points from your Ascentra debit AND credit card purchases. In addition, we also offer promotions throughout the year that gives double rewards, such as back-to-school and Black Friday!
Fixed Rate Mortgage10 & Done (10 Year Fixed)5.625View Mortgage Loans%
Vehicle LoansNew & Used Auto as Low as5.50View Vehicle Loans% APR
SavingsMembership Share Savings Starting at0.05View Savings Accounts% APY
Credit CardsNo Balance Transfer Fee. 6-Mo. Intro Balance Transfer2.99View Credit Cards% APR
Making Cents Apr 28, 2023
Renovating Your Home
News Apr 19, 2023
Ascentra Credit Union Wins Four CUNA Diamond Awards in 2023 Competition
Making Cents Apr 12, 2023
The Time is Now, Your Home’s Equity is How!
Making Cents Apr 5, 2023
Five Ways to Strengthen Your Financial Health through Goal Setting
News Apr 1, 2023
Remembering a Legacy
News Mar 13, 2023
As a member of Ascentra Credit Union your funds are insured by the NCUA.
News Jan 19, 2023
2023 Board Election & Annual Meeting
Ascentra Cares Jan 13, 2023
Celebrating the Holidays
Making Cents Jan 11, 2023
Making Your Cost-of-Living Adjustment Work for You!
News Jan 4, 2023
Ringing in a New Year
Ascentra Cares Dec 20, 2022
Ascentra's Holiday Cookbook
Nov 7, 2022
Season of Giving…..
Making Cents Nov 4, 2022
Ascentra Investment and Insurance Partners
News Nov 1, 2022
Board of Directors Notice
Making Cents Oct 26, 2022
Ascentra Expert Services