Summer Sun, Fun … And Money!
Summer is around the corner and you're going to have a lot of free time. It's also a great time to earn some money. There is no better way to earn money than by doing things you love to do. Here are some ideas to get you started on your fun summer job!
What do you most enjoy doing? What are you good at? What special skills do you have?
- Love animals? If you have experience caring for pets of your own, you could provide a dog-walking service, or a pet-bathing service. Or you could be a pet-sitter for people on vacation.
- Enjoy kids? Babysitters are always in demand. Get special babysitter training at your local Red Cross or YMCA.
- Are you a good learner? Maybe you'd be an excellent teacher, too. Start a tutoring service to help younger kids improve their reading, math, or science skills over the summer.
- Do you love working outdoors? Mow lawns. Wash cars. Weed gardens. Or if you have a plot of ground big enough, grow vegetables, berries, or flowers to sell at an outdoor stand.
- Are you good at arts and crafts? Maybe the beautiful things you like to make are things other people would like to buy, whether it's jewelry, comics, or t-shirts.
- Like to be on the move? Run errands for people who are too busy or physically unable to get to the pharmacy, the grocery store, the library, or the video store.
That's just a starter list. You take it from here! The key to success is to get the word out about your services or products. Develop a good-looking flyer and post it--with permission--on bulletin boards in grocery stores and libraries, or post it on your social media pages.
Be sure to let your parents know what you're doing and where you are at all times. Then have a fun, safe, money-making summer!