Both literally and figuratively, planning ahead can pay off. It's important to think about your future now so you can enjoy it to the fullest down the road. A financial professional can evaluate your current financial situation and help you make the most out of your financial plan.
Below are five financial goals that you likely have right now:
• Retiring with comfortable savings - Simply being able to enjoy the life you've built.
• Having accessible cash flow - Investments are important to have in a financial portfolio, but it's also important to ensure that you'll be liquid enough in your retirement.
• Traveling - Taking one or two trips a year for vacation or to see your family and friends.
• Maintaining your family home - Living in the home where you've made so many memories.
• Passing on gifts to your family - Assessing income tax basis to decide when to transfer monetary gifts and possessions.
In order to create a financial plan with these goals in mind, you can take some of these steps today:
• Create a budget tracker
• Take an active role in your finances
• Diversify your portfolio
• Create a plan to pay off your mortgage
• Plan for the retirement lifestyle you want
To create a complete plan for your financial future, you can schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with CUNA Financial Advisor, Brooke Martin, located at Ascentra Credit Union by calling 563-459-6923.
Representatives are registered, securities sold, advisory services offered through CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI), member FINRA/SIPC, a registered broker/dealer and investment advisor, which is not an affiliate of the credit union. CBSI is under contract with the financial institution to make securities available to members. Not NCUA/NCUSIF/FDIC insured, May Lose Value, No Financial Institution Guarantee. Not a deposit of any financial institution. CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc., is a registered broker/dealer in all fifty states of the United States of America. CBSI-3017138.1-0320-0422