Ascentra Credit Union Receives Six Diamond Awards for Outstanding Marketing
Ascentra Credit Union was recently honored with six Diamond Awards, which recognizes outstanding marketing and business development achievements in the credit union industry.
The awards were presented by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Marketing and Business Development Council, a national network comprised of over 1,200 credit union marketing and business development professionals. Awards are given in each of 30 categories ranging from advertising to community events and beyond.
Of the six awards, Ascentra Credit Union earned two prestigious Category’s Best awards that include credit unions of all asset sizes. Ascentra received top honors in the following categories:
- Community PR-One-Time Event: A series of events, promotions, and contests tied to the grand opening of their branch located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Segmented Marketing: Ascentra’s outreach efforts in the central Davenport, Iowa area which surrounds the newly built branch.
The credit union was the winner in their asset size class in the following categories:
- Community/PR-Ongoing Event: For the successful launch of the Paul Lensmeyer Golf Outing, which raises funds for the Ascentra Credit Union Foundation and honors the legacy of the credit union’s former CEO.
- Complete Campaign: Recognition of the “Dream Big” campaign that included a full mix of marketing efforts which resulted in a stellar launch for Ascentra’s new home equity line of credit.
- Point of Sale Display and Retail Merchandising: Also for the “Dream Big” campaign which asked Ascentra members to write down their big dreams on “dream cloud” bubbles for display in the branches for all to see.
- Member or Trade Publication: A re-branding of the credit union’s member newsletter to “The Teller” a printed newsletter with website and e-newsletter that offers original financial education articles and allows content to be consumed beyond print.
“The Diamond Awards competition represents the pinnacle of credit union marketing and business development,” said Andy Reed, Chair of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council, and President and CEO, Texas People FCU. “Honoring credit unions in 30 categories, ranging from brand awareness to website, social media to mobile marketing, credit unions and individuals that receive these awards represent the very best of the best in their profession.”
Award winners were recognized at the council’s 23rd annual conference held March 20-23 in Anaheim, California. For more information on the Diamond Awards or to view the entire list of winners, go to www.cunacouncils.org/awards.
“We are very proud of the warm response our marketing efforts have seen in the last few years,” Ascentra President and CEO Dale Owen said. “Just last year everyone worked so hard on many large scale projects and it is encouraging to know that their hard work has been recognized among the best in our industry.”
Ascentra Chief Marketing Officer, Jennifer Naeve joined Ascentra in 2012 and brought with her an exciting new approach to connecting the organization’s brand to meet the demands of Ascentra member-owners and future members.
“We are humbled to receive these awards for a third year in a row,” Naeve said. “It would not be possible without the commitment from our entire staff and board of directors and their dedication to serving our members. It is of service to our members that we communicate our products and services in memorable ways. We are here to help people achieve their financial goals and to grow our organization in a socially and financially responsible manner. Everything we do is with our members and community in mind.”