Did someone send you money sent via Popmoney? Then follow these steps to get paid:
If you are NOT an Ascentra member then claim your money at
Follow the prompts to register your mobile number and deposit account information and get your money!
If you are an Ascentra member:
- Please log onto your account (If you have never used Online Account Access or MyMobile you will need to click on “Sign up Now” to establish your account).
- Click on “MyMobile”, and verify your phone number appears on the “My Devices” tab, if not click “Add New Device” (you will only need to do this step once).
- Click on “MyBillPay”, then “Pay Bills” (you will need to have any pop-up blocker disabled before clicking “Pay Bills” as Pay Bills opens in a new browser window).
- If you have never used MyBillPay or Popmoney you will be asked to enroll your checking account, just follow the screen prompts to do this easy step (there is no cost to you to have your account enrolled in MyBillPay).
- If you are enrolled in MyBillPay you will be brought to the main screen where you can click on “Popmoney” and claim your money.
- Note: Currently you cannot claim your money using our MyMobile app, but we are working on that for you to make things easier for you!
What is Popmoney?
Sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting with Popmoney – a personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. It’s a convenient payment feature available when you enroll in Ascentra’s bill payment service MyBillPay and add at least one bill.
Once you register your mobile number, the Popmoney feature will be available to use on the MyMobile apps for smartphones and tablets. For only a $1.00 delivery charge you can easily send money with Popmoney. It’s free to receive payments from others.
Here are just a few of the convenient ways that you can use Popmoney:
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or your lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
Popmoney is safe and secure. None of your account information will be shared with the recipient. The recipient will only see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment. When you send a payment to an email address, the recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you will not be able to see the recipient's account information.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions on our Popmoney Expert Guide!