Mobile Check Deposit
Mobile Check Deposit makes it easy and convenient to deposit checks anywhere, anytime from your camera enabled smartphone or iPad into your checking account.
Watch our Phone Mobile Check Deposit Crash Course or Tablet Mobile Check Deposit Crash Course to see how this great feature of MyMobile works!
Qualifications and How to Sign Up:
Mobile deposit will be automatically enabled in your mobile app for checking accounts in good standing, with a valid e-Mail address on file, that have been opened:
- Less than 60 days, a daily limit of $500 is in effect.
- Over 60 days, a daily limit of $2,000 is in effect.
Making a Mobile Check Deposit
- Make sure the name that the check is written to is on the account.
- Endorse the check with your signature and write in "For Mobile Deposit Only". (Note: some checks have a pre-printed checkbox with the words "Mobile Deposit Only" on the back - even if you select this, you are required to write "For Mobile Deposit Only".)
- Open the Ascentra MyMobile App, select "Deposit" and follow the prompts.
- Temporarily store the original check in a safe place.
Rules and Deposit Timing (all times mentioned are Central Standard Time)
After you have successfully deposited a check, its status will be “Pending” until it is reviewed.
- If your check cannot be accepted, its status will change to “Failed” and we will attempt to contact you. You may contact the credit union by calling 563-355-0152 or 800-426-5241, ext. 0.
- If your check is processing, its status is changed temporarily to “Under Review”.
Our daily cutoff time for accepting mobile deposits is 3:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. Deposit items that we receive after 3:00 pm, or on non-business days, will be processed on the next business day (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays). If your check is accepted before our daily cutoff time of 3:00 pm (mentioned above) it will usually be deposited into your account between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm that day (the status of your deposit will change to “Accepted”).
- When your check is deposited into your account, the first $300 of your deposit will be made available to you immediately. The remainder will be placed on hold for up to 2 business days. Longer holds may apply in certain situations.
- Once the status of your deposit changes to “Accepted” please destroy the paper check! You will be able to view a legal image of your check in MyMobile (under “Deposits”, then “View Deposit History”) and we will use the legal image for any further processing.
Most checks are eligible for mobile deposit except for the following types:
- Checks payable to any person other than you.
- Checks payable to you jointly with one or more other persons, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks that have been previously negotiated (including checks that may have been returned), remotely created, Sight Drafts, or checks more than 6 months old (stale dated).
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not in United States currency.
- Insurance Claim Checks, Money Orders (Postal and Money Gram), Traveler’s Checks, Credit Card Cash Advance Checks.
We know our members personally and grant loans accordingly. Not only can you get a loan quickly and easily, but you will also receive a team of coaches and cheerleaders dedicated to your financial well-being. With Ascentra you can borrow smart and celebrate life with a new RV, 4-wheeler, boat, motorcycle, whatever your heart desires.
No hidden fees. No surprises. No hassle. With the Ascentra Credit Card, what you see is what you get, which includes no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, AND low rates. We call that a win!
We know there are hundreds of cards with thousands of reward options to choose from. At Ascentra, we take rewards to the next level with the ONLY program that combines rewards points from your Ascentra debit AND credit card purchases. In addition, we also offer promotions throughout the year that gives double rewards, such as back-to-school and Black Friday!
Fixed Rate Mortgage10 & Done (10 Year Fixed)2.625View Mortgage Loans%
Vehicle LoansNew & Used Auto as Low as2.90View Vehicle Loans% APR
SavingsBase Share Savings Starting at0.05View Savings Accounts% APY
Credit CardsNo Balance Transfer Fee. 6-Mo. Intro Balance Transfer2.99View Credit Cards% APR
Making Cents Aug 3, 2020
Taking a Road Trip During a Pandemic
Making Cents Jul 31, 2020
Managing Finances During COVID-19
Making Cents Jul 30, 2020
The Pros and Cons of Early Retirement Plan Rollovers
News Jul 10, 2020
Helping a Small Town is a Team Effort
Making Cents Jul 1, 2020
Be Aware of Scams!
News Jul 1, 2020
Moving Forward, Together
Making Cents Jun 18, 2020
14 Tips for Planning a Family Road Trip
Ascentra Cares Jun 12, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Awards $10,000 in Scholarships
News Jun 3, 2020
Moving Forward Together
Ascentra Cares May 28, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Foundation Awards $21,000 in Grants to Area Charities and Organizations
Making Cents May 19, 2020
Fraud Against State Unemployment Insurance Programs
Making Cents May 8, 2020
Auto Loans: How You Can Do Better Than 0%
Making Cents May 6, 2020
Coping Financially During Tough Times
News May 5, 2020
Ascentra Response Efforts to Challenging Times
News Apr 22, 2020
Show Us The Helpers!
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: What to Expect
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: 6 Spending Tips
Making Cents Apr 8, 2020
Details About the Congressional Stimulus Package