Helpful Measures to COVID-19 Response Efforts
As we are all adapting to the ever-evolving circumstances brought on by COVID-19, I’d like to reassure you that our top priority is the well-being of our members, our staff, and the communities we serve. For this reason we have taken certain measures to ensure that we are providing you access to your financial needs while adhering to practices that keep us all safe.
We are also making things a little easier with financial relief efforts that can lessen hardships caused by this pandemic. Credit unions were created as a direct response to challenging times, this time it’s no different - we will be here for you in your time of need. We appreciate your faith in our credit union as we navigate through these dynamic times together.
President and CEO
Moving Forward Together
Our branches have resumed full-service operations with both lobby and drive up options available.*
The safety of our staff and members is of the utmost importance to us, and as such we will continue to follow safety precautions set forth by our public health and CDC experts. We will monitor these guidelines and adjust accordingly as we all try to get back to normal.
We will be monitoring our symptoms and exposure and ask for you to do the same. If you have a fever, exhibit flu-like symptoms or symptoms associated with COVID-19, or if there is a possibility you have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and call into our Digital Branch for assistance at 563-355-0152 ext. 0.
As you return back to our branches, we want you to know what you can expect.
- Know that we are in this together! We are moving forward together!
- The number of members allowed in the lobbies at one time will be limited. Staff will be here not only to welcome you back, but to help monitor capacity levels.
- Members will be asked to maintain social distancing and stand at least six feet apart from others. Distance markers have been placed on the floors to help with this when in line to see a teller.
- We have installed plexiglass hygiene guards in our branches for both your health and safety as well as ours. You may see our staff wearing facemasks especially when they have to venture outside of the plexiglass hygiene guards and are not able to maintain 6ft of social distancing.
- Although not required, member facemasks are suggested especially for those that may be of high risk. Please understand if we ask you to tip your mask for identification purposes.
- We will continue to follow added safety and sanitization procedures at our branches and ATMs and will have hand sanitizer available throughout our branches.
- For added safety measures, coffee service, popcorn, candy, dog treats, magazines, children's toys, interactive displays and member use computers will be temporarily suspended.
- As much as it pains us we will have to refrain from social greetings such as handshakes, fist bumps, and/or hugs. Please know a smile and a thank you always means we appreciate you as a member and your business.
As we move forward together, please know the health and safety of our staff and members is our number one priority and has guided the safety decisions we have made as we reopen our branches to you, our members.
Here for You - Ascentra Anywhere
Through online banking, you can pay bills, transfer funds, open accounts, set up text banking and alerts - all from home.
- Need to deposit a check? Mobile Check Deposit through the Ascentra MyMobile App lets you skip that trip to the credit union.
- Set up your Ascentra Visa Debit and Credit Card with your digital wallet such as Apple Pay or Samsung Pay so that you can make purchases through contactless payment terminals with your smartphone or smartwatch and reduce your risk.
- You can also apply for loans or become a member, completing the whole process digitally with an electronic signature.
- We understand every member has a different need, and our staff will go out of their way to help you in any way they can. If you are experiencing financial hardship, reach out to us to see how we can help at 563-355-0152 ext 0.
- You can also receive assistance from an Ascentra Team Member during business hours through our new chat feature by clicking the "Let's Talk" button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- SARA Teleservice is an automated phone banking service you can use by calling the credit union at 563-355-0152.
Financial Relief for You
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has affected our members in different ways. As your credit union, we want to help lessen your financial stress at this time so you can focus on keeping you and your family healthy and safe.
It may be hard to determine which financial relief options are best for you. That’s why we are here! As your financial partner, we want to personally work with you to determine how we can help your unique situation. To go through our relief options below and determine how we can best help you, call 563-355-0152 ext 0.
Loan Extensions - Extensions can be used on qualifying loans where you and Ascentra agree to waive immediate monthly payments.
Mortgage Forbearance - Temporarily suspends your monthly mortgage payments for a specific time while you are experiencing financial hardship.
Emergency Loan - Up to $5,000 for 36 months, no payments for 60 days, with an interest rate as low as 2.99% APR. Rate based on credit approval. Limited time offer.
Auto Loans – No payment for 60 days on all auto loan terms, use code NP60 when applying. Interest rates as low as 2.90% APR*on 60-month terms only. *APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate based on approved credit. Current rate as low as 2.90% APR for 60 months on 2018 or newer vehicle, includes automatic payment rate discount. Rate subject to change. Limited time offer. The first payment will be applied to the interest accrued from the date the loan was funded and then remaining funds to the principal. Example payment $25,000 auto loan with the term of 60 months and a fixed rate of 2.90% APR would result in a monthly payment of $448.36.
Here for our Community
To help with local efforts, the Ascentra Credit Union Foundation has donated $10,000 to the Quad Cities Disaster Recovery Fund that will first focus on disproportionately affected communities by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work already resulting from the pandemic, immediate needs of vulnerable populations caused by pandemic-related closures, and the increased demand for medical information and support.
You too can help and donate to the Quad Cities Recovery Fund.
The Ascentra Credit Union Foundation also donated $10,000 to the Iowa Credit Union Foundation's Emergency Relief Fund. Together with other credit unions and donors, the fund has allocated $550,000 to be used to help credit union members affected by the COVID-19 situation.
You too can be a part of the movement and donate to the Iowa Credit Union Foundation Emergency Relief Fund.
Ascentra is also taking steps to help unite and bring comfort to our communities with simple acts of kindness that support local businesses, individuals in quarantine, and health care workers.
Follow our Facebook page for more feel-good content.
Beware of Scams
- Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, fraudsters around the country have been calling people appearing as their financial institution and asking for personal and online banking information. Learn other ways on how you can protect yourself here.
- Get early fraud text notices or add another layer of control and notifications by downloading the CardValet App.
- To check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment or to update your information please visit the IRS website portal.
Davenport Tenant Based Rental Assistance – If you are a Davenport resident in a rental property and your income has been reduced due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for rental assistance from the City of Davenport’s Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) program. Learn more about eligibility requirements.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization for COVID-19 updates.
- For more regional information visit the Illinois Department of Health or Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Details about the Congressional Stimulus Package | provided by financial advisor Brooke Martin, Ascentra Retirement and Investment Services.
Fixed Rate Mortgage10 & Done (10 Year Fixed)2.625View Mortgage Loans%
Vehicle LoansNew & Used Auto as Low as2.90View Vehicle Loans% APR
SavingsBase Share Savings Starting at0.05View Savings Accounts% APY
Credit CardsNo Balance Transfer Fee. 6-Mo. Intro Balance Transfer2.99View Credit Cards% APR
Making Cents Jun 18, 2020
14 Tips for Planning a Family Road Trip
Ascentra Cares Jun 12, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Awards $10,000 in Scholarships
News Jun 3, 2020
Moving Forward Together
Ascentra Cares May 28, 2020
Ascentra Credit Union Foundation Awards $21,000 in Grants to Area Charities and Organizations
Making Cents May 19, 2020
Fraud Against State Unemployment Insurance Programs
Making Cents May 8, 2020
Auto Loans: How You Can Do Better Than 0%
Making Cents May 6, 2020
Coping Financially During Tough Times
News May 5, 2020
Ascentra Response Efforts to Challenging Times
News Apr 22, 2020
Show Us The Helpers!
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: What to Expect
News Apr 14, 2020
Economic Impact Payments: 6 Spending Tips
Making Cents Apr 8, 2020
Details About the Congressional Stimulus Package
Ascentra Cares Apr 7, 2020
Thanking Local Healthcare Heros
Making Cents Apr 6, 2020
A Retirement Fact Sheet: Some Specifics about the "Second Act"
Ascentra Cares Apr 2, 2020
Taking Care of Business During a Pandemic
Making Cents Mar 25, 2020
Figuring Out Tax Withholding
News Mar 24, 2020
Phishing Scam Advisory
News Mar 13, 2020
A Message to Our Members About COVID-19