Ascentra Scholarship Program
The Ascentra Credit Union Scholarship Competition offers a total of $10,000 in scholarships to assist members planning to further their education.
The scholarships are as follows:
- Five $1,000 scholarships are awarded to high school students planning to enter college.
- Five $1,000 scholarships are awarded to non-traditional students age 19 or over planning to attend higher education.
Entrants are required to write an essay of approximately 500 words in a topic that is made available every fall. The winners are selected the following spring.
Be sure to check back in the fall for the official form which includes the topic for the essay.
More Scholarship Opportunities
Don't stop now! There are many more scholarships available for you or someone you may know. Here are some to get you started:
- Greater QC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce & LULAC #5285: Paul Lensmeyer Future Leaders Scholarship
- Iowa Credit Union Foundation: Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship
- Quad Cities Community Foundation: Various Scholarship Opportunities
- Iowa Student Loan: Various Scholarship Opportunities
- Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine: High School and Community College Scholarships
High School Scholarship Recipients
Lauren Buechel of Bettendorf, who will be attending Elmhurst College.
Seth Hoffman of Muscatine, who will be attending Iowa State University.
Sofia Mojica of Moline, who will be attending University of Wisconsin Platteville.
Ashton Snarr of Davenport, who will be attending Utah State University.
Moriah Stewart of Garner, who will be attending North Iowa Area Community College.
Continuing Education Scholarship Recipients
Kathleen Byrne of Bettendorf, who will be continuing her education at Iowa State University.
Sara Garland of Dixon, who will be continuing her education at University of Northern Iowa.
Ann Kingsbury of Davenport, who will be continuing her education at University of South Florida.
Rachel Holm of Bettendorf, who will be continuing her education at Lewis University.
Gabrielle Vandervinne of Bettendorf, who will be continuing her education at Washington University in St. Louis.
Whether you’re looking for a rewards program, no service charges, or overdraft protection, we have a checking account that fits your needs.
We know there are hundreds of cards with thousands of reward options to choose from. At Ascentra, we take rewards to the next level with the ONLY program that combines rewards points from your Ascentra debit AND credit card purchases. In addition, we also offer promotions throughout the year that gives double rewards, such as back-to-school and Black Friday!
Tired of carrying around your wallet or purse? Are you worried about losing them or have them stolen? Eliminate your worries and protect your finances through Ascentra’s digital wallet service. Save your cards to your device and easily scan your phone to make your purchases.