Apple Pay Now Available for Ascentra Debit and Credit Card
Apple Pay offers an easy, secure, and private way to pay instead of reaching for your wallet or purse. To start using Apple Pay, you will need an iPhone 6 or above or Apple device using iOS 8.1 or above.
Simply add your Ascentra Visa debit and credit card to your Wallet app and you can start paying in stores by using Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
You can also use Apple Pay within apps, on your iPad, Mac and within websites in Safari.
Adding Your Cards to Apple Pay
Once you are certain your device and software are compatible, simply open the Wallet app and follow the on-screen instructions to add your Ascentra Visa debit and credit cards.
Add a card on your iPhone
1. Go to Wallet and tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
2. Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, just enter its security code.
3. Tap Next. Ascentra will verify your information and you will be prompted to verify your account by calling Ascentra at 563-355-0152 or 1-800-426-5241 (Monday-Thursday: 9am – 5:30pm, Friday: 8am-5:30pm, Saturday: 9am – noon).
4. After your card has been verified, tap Next. Then start using Apple Pay.
To use Apple Pay with Safari on a Mac model without built-in Touch ID, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay and turn on Allow Payments on Mac.
Using Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay in stores, within apps, and on websites in Safari.
1. In stores, look for one of these symbols at checkout and place your phone over the contactless reader.
2. Place your finger on the Touch ID®. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
3. Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.
Within apps and websites in Safari, look for the Buy with Apple Pay button or Apple Pay as a payment method.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions on our Apple Pay Expert Guide!
Apple Pay Helpful Information:
- Listing of Apple Pay Compatible Devices
- Listing of Major National Retailers Accepting Apple Pay (Please ask your local retailer if they accept Apple Pay)