Q. How does a user log in?
- Log into your Ascentra online banking account.
- Click the My$Manager tab on the top tool bar.
- Start enjoying My$Manager.
Q. How can accounts be added from other financial institutions?
Adding an account is quick and easy. Please follow these steps:
- Log into your My$Manager account.
- Click the “Add” button next to the “Accounts” heading in your left sidebar.
- Enter your financial institution into the search box and click “Search.”
- Select your financial institution from the list of results.
- Verify your identity: Enter your information as you would when logging into your financial institution and click “Connect.”
- Answer your security question(s), if asked, and click “Connect.”
- Classify your account(s). Choose the closest choice if exact account type is not listed, and click “Save.”
- Wait for your accounts to upload. If you have more than one account at this particular financial institution it will take longer to upload.
Q. How are transactions tagged and edited?
We automatically “tag” your transactions. To get a more accurate financial picture, we suggest that you customize them specifically to you. To change a tag, please take the following steps:
- Click on any transaction to begin editing it.
- Review the “Title” of your transaction. If you wish to change it, simply edit the text.
- Click the “x” next to the existing tag if you’d like to change it. Start typing your replacement tag and auto completion suggestions will be displayed. Finish your tag, or choose a highlighted suggestion from the list that appears.
- Optional: Click “Use Split Tags” if you would like to allocate portions of this transaction in separate tags.
- Click “Save Transaction.”
Q. How is Cashflow created?
To get the most complete financial picture, please follow these steps:
- Click the navigation item “Cashflow” to set up your fixed income and bill items.
- Select which of your accounts you’d like to show in the Cashflow by clicking “Choose account” above the calendar. Once you’ve made your selections, click “Save” and “Close.”
- Use the green “Add Income” and red “Add Bill” buttons above the Cashflow Calendar to input all of your fixed transactions.
- To edit an entry, click on the date of the entry, and then the word “Edit” to the left of the entry you wish to edit.
- To see how your daily balances are calculated, switch to the Agenda view in the upper right-hand corner.
- To see future months, use the grey buttons to the left and right of the name of the current month.
Q. How is Cashflow used?
Cashflow provides a powerful system for helping you keep track of upcoming incomes and bills to determine how much cash is available to you in the coming weeks. This is calculated using the current balances of your checking/savings accounts in conjunction with the upcoming incomes and bills that have been added.
Once you’ve entered this information, you can add several cashflow-related widgets to your Dashboard to have a bird’s eye view of your financial vitals. These widgets include a miniature calendar, upcoming incomes, and upcoming bills. To add these to your Dashboard, click the “Customize Widgets” button to the right of your transactions on the Dashboard.
Q. How is a Budget created?
To help track your expenses, please follow these steps:
- Click the navigation item “Budget.” If you have not created any spending targets, you’ll be prompted to create your first one automatically.
- Start creating spending targets for your variable expenses by choosing a tag to track. You can track multiple tags within a single spending target; just start typing the name of the next tag after you’ve chosen your first.
- Fill in the rest of the form to provide a target amount (that you do not want to exceed) and choose to be alerted if you’re in danger of going over.
- To add subsequent spending targets, click the “Add Spending Target” button on the Budget page and repeat steps 2-3.
Q. How are Goals created?
Goals are used to track the progress of your savings or debt reduction targets. You can create goals that track the balance of a specified account, or ones that track transactions with a specified tag.
Here’s how to create a goal:
- Click the navigation item “Goals.”
- Select a goal from the list or create your own goal by clicking the link at the bottom of each category labeled “Add your own.” (Note: If you’ve already created one or more goals, you must first click the “Add New Goal” button.)
- Name your Goal, choose the account or tag you’d like to track, followed by a goal completion date as well as the target amount for the account/tag. (Note: Saving goals will take into account any money already in the account as progress towards the target amount. Debt reduction goals will begin with zero progress, starting from the balance of the account when the goal is created.)
- Click “Add Goal” and start tracking your progress!
Q. How do I set up Alerts?
Alerts can be easily created while you’re setting up spending targets, bills, goals, and more! Just look for the alert check-boxes at the bottom of the form. To configure your alerts settings, please follow these steps:
- Click the navigation item “Alerts.”
- At the bottom of the page under “Alert Delivery,” fill in your preferred e-Mail address and mobile phone number for receiving alerts. You can turn these notifications on and off in each alert you create.
- Click “Save” to save the settings. If you filled in a cell phone number, you should receive a text message confirming the number you entered. Feel free to save the incoming number to your phone book so that you will recognize future alerts.
- Once these settings are saved, feel free to add more alerts by clicking “Add an Alert.”