Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I enroll for MyBillPay?
- It’s easy! Just log into Online Account Access, click the MyBillPay tab at the top of the page, and complete the secure enrollment form.
- Once your enrollment is received and processed (approximately 3 business days), you’re ready to start enjoying the convenience of MyBillPay.
How secure is MyBillPay?
- MyBillPay is fully secure. It is recommended by security experts to help protect against check fraud and identity theft.
- We use multiple layers of online security to protect member information.
Do I have to be enrolled in Online Account Access to use MyBillPay?
- Yes. All members must be enrolled for Online Account Access before they can sign up for MyBillPay.
How much does MyBillPay cost?
- MyBillPay is a FREE service for our members. Overnight payments sent as a check have a fee of $14.95 with a cutoff time of 3pm central. Same Day payments sent electronically have a fee of $9.95 with a cutoff time of 4pm central. PopMoney has a $1.00 fee for all transactions. Account to Account Transfers charge a $1.00 fee for both inbound and outbound transactions.
To whom can I make payments?
- You can make payments to virtually anyone, even an individual like a babysitter.
- Exceptions include:
- Tax payments
- Court ordered payments
- Payments to payees outside the United States
- Payments to other institutions for the purpose of making a deposit
What kinds of bill payments are available?
- One-time payment – The payment date you specify is the date the payment will be received by the merchant, as well as the date the funds are withdrawn from your account.
- Automatic or recurring payment – Occurs at your specified frequency as many times as you indicate.
What is a recurring payment?
- Recurring payments are automatic payments of the same amount. You do not have to re-enter a new payment each month.
- These payments can be scheduled for one of several frequencies:
- Weekly, every 2 weeks, every 4 weeks, monthly, twice a month, every 2 months, every 3 months, every 6 months or annually.
How far in advance can I schedule a payment?
- Payments can be set up as much as 365 days in advance.
- Recurring payments can be scheduled to occur over any time period in the future, including indefinitely.
How are merchant payments sent?
- They are sent electronically to merchants that accept electronic payments. For merchants who don’t accept electronic payments MyBillPay will print and mail a check.
Can a merchant issue my bill electronically through MyBillPay?
- Yes electronic billing is available only with the merchants that offer that service. If the merchant is eligible, it is indicated by an “EBILL” icon next to the merchant on the payment center (main) page
Can I cancel or change a scheduled payment?
- You can review, change or cancel a payment at any time before it is processed.
- Payments may be processed up to 5 days in advance of the payment due date entered by the user.
- The system displays an error message if you attempt to modify a payment after it has been processed.
Can I send or receive money from another financial institution?
- Yes. MyBillPay allows you to send or receive money from another financial institution. The transfer is completed electronically and can take 24-48 hours to process after initial setup. There is a $1.00 fee for both inbound and outbound transactions with a cutoff time of 9pm central.
How do I receive money sent by someone else?
- You will receive an e-Mail or text message telling you someone sent you money. Log in to Online Account Access and direct the funds to your bank account. Money sent directly to a specified bank account will be automatically deposited there.
Can I pay my Ascentra Credit Union loans through MyBillPay?
- No you cannot. To make a payment on a loan from Ascentra Credit Union, you need to use Online Account Access. From Online Account Access, click the “Transfer” button in the “Personal Finance” area and pay your loans from within your account.
What happens if my scheduled payment tries to debit my checking account and I don’t have enough funds available?
- If you have Overdraft Protection sufficient to cover the payment, your payment will be made. Your account will not be brought negative
What is Popmoney?
- Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. It allows you to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive e-Mail and text messages just use your current U.S. checking or savings account.
How do I send money via Popmoney?
- Within MyBillPay look for Popmoney. Send money using the recipient’s name and e-Mail address, mobile number or checking/savings account information. You will be notified when the transaction is completed. If your recipient’s financial institution is not part of the Popmoney network they can complete the transaction by visiting Popmoney.com to direct the funds to their bank account. There is a $1.00 fee per transaction.
- The money will be taken out of your account the following business day. The receiver will receive the money 1 or 3 business days following the acceptance of the money (depending on if you chose to send a 1 day or 3 day payment).
- If money goes unclaimed, it is re-deposited back into your account after 10 business days.
What if I have additional questions?
- You can contact us at (563) 355-0152 or (800) 426-5241, Ext. 1. You can contact the MyBillPay support by calling (855) 876-0883 and please keep in mind that the subscriber ID is your Ascentra account number.
Much more information is available through our help options in the MyBillPay site. Please utilize the question mark icon throughout the MyBillPay site.